About Me

My photo
A lover of the liberal arts, especially antiquity in its diverse forms, I am nonetheless wholly devoted to, utterly transformed by divine revelation. I seek to know the thought of the past, articulate my deepest longings aroused by the wise, and understand the uneasy relationship between reason and revelation; all for the sake of proper action and contemplation, both now and in the future.

2.08.2009

New Series, Updated Site

I have finished both seasons of Ah! My Goddess! and I was very impressed. The art is beautiful, the characters are humorous without being moronic, and the ever present love theme is carefully developed. The series will probably cease being good either in the third or fourth season, but I'll definitely watch season three when it is released.

I am rewatching Eva and paying attention to every detail. It is just as disturbing as I remember it, and I remember why it is called the best anime ever written.I expect to finish it before spring break.

I have included a running list of all anime media I have watched, film and series combined. I updated it with Gungrave and Ah My Goddess and will continue to add new anime I see as I finish it. In this regard I have a new series I think I will try: Elfen Lied. I hear it is exceptionally violent and has explicit nudity (this is disappointing) but I also hear it is tremendous. I will see for myself. It is short, so I'll likely finish it before break is up, and then I'll try either more Ghost in the Shell or something of that caliber.

No comments: