About Me

My photo
A lover of the liberal arts, especially antiquity in its diverse forms, I am nonetheless wholly devoted to, utterly transformed by divine revelation. I seek to know the thought of the past, articulate my deepest longings aroused by the wise, and understand the uneasy relationship between reason and revelation; all for the sake of proper action and contemplation, both now and in the future.

9.23.2016

New

I had thought I had exhausted good anime. Nothing, so it seemed, was left except relatively humorous shonen series to serve as distraction. Perusing lists of anime proved a waste of time, since the same awful series predominated said lists, and I didn't have the time to research hundreds of series one by one. I needed an in - someone reasonably intelligent whose judgment I trusted. But where to find such a person on the Internet, of all places? The task seemed hopeless and for awhile I turned aside.

Then I discovered Your Lie in April, which I devoured in one sitting (I love classical music so was immediately hooked, disregarding the more annoying shonen cliches), and the youtube comments directed me to Clannad, which turned into one of the most beautiful series I have seen in a long, long time. So while googling top ten lists, I found my way to a site whose top thirty list put Eva at the top, and which began with Hideaki Anno's pre-Eva work. Upon examination, I realized that for the first time in very long time, I once again have anime on deck! They are:
  • Shiki
  • Kyousogiga
  • Monster
  • The Flowers of Evil
  • Haibane Renmei
  • The Eccentric Family
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Kino's Journey*
  • Gatchaman Crowds
  • Mushishi*
  • Katanagatari
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena
  • Baccano
  • Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress*
  • Psycho Pass*
  • Terror in Resonance*
  • Kurozuka*
  • Occult Academy*
  • Requiem from the Darkness*
  • Girlish Number*
  • Fate/Zero*
Next time I'll write about Clannad and maybe a brief snippet on Your Lie in April.

No comments: