About Me

My photo
A lover of the liberal arts, especially antiquity in its diverse forms, I am nonetheless wholly devoted to, utterly transformed by divine revelation. I seek to know the thought of the past, articulate my deepest longings aroused by the wise, and understand the uneasy relationship between reason and revelation; all for the sake of proper action and contemplation, both now and in the future.

5.17.2008

Anime Repertoire

Here is a partial list of anime films and TV series I have seen, in roughly chronological order: (partial in the sense of my not remembering completely what we watched in the Anime Club)
  • Spirited Away
  • Princess Mononoke
  • Lain (fragments)
  • Akira
  • Grave of the Fireflies
  • Lain (complete)
  • Millennium Actress
  • Cowboy Bebop (incomplete)
  • Howl's Moving Castle
  • Castle in the Sky
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  • Paprika
  • Steamboy
  • Galaxy Express 999
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Outlaw Star (incomplete)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Death Note

As you can see, it is a fairly good list. I return and edit this post by including other films and such, but this is a good starting point. As stated earlier, I am watching Death Note at the moment, and it is very good. It's very very dark, but very good. A fine series. I can see why Kat likes it, but it's really disturbing sometimes - even more so than Eva!

All of these are worth watching, and most are exceptionally fine; anime classics indeed. If I were a rich man, I would allocate myself an anime budget of ten dollars a month. But instead I am a broke college student who throws all of his money at Weigle Hall and will graduate with at least $20,000 in debt as far as he can see. So it's Internet watching and copyright-violating downloads for the time being. This is second-best, but this second best is pretty bloody good if you ask me.

No comments: