About Me

My photo
A lover of the liberal arts, especially antiquity in its diverse forms, I am nonetheless wholly devoted to, utterly transformed by divine revelation. I seek to know the thought of the past, articulate my deepest longings aroused by the wise, and understand the uneasy relationship between reason and revelation; all for the sake of proper action and contemplation, both now and in the future.

5.16.2008

Pilot

Like many anime enthusiasts, I am starting a weblog on the subject. I am surely not the first one to do this, but have been inspired by no one and no thing save my medium itself - Anime. I have become completely enamored of it, and am very excited to begin this blog.

I first saw anime some time last year (2007) with Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away. His masterpiece, Princess Mononoke followed suit in the next few weeks. And then last fall, as a freshman at St. John's College, I saw many anime films and TV series - almost all of Miyazaki's work, Cowboy Bebop, Haruhi, Eva, Outlaw Star, Millennium Actress, and I am now in the process of devouring Death Note.

Welcome to my secret interest.

No comments: